Monday, May 7, 2018

EBE May release

I'm so tickled to be playing cards with the newest Essentials by Ellen - and to join two of my fabulous teamies in The Classroom today!

I had a full day of playing with Julie's Plaid Builder, and Parcel Box ... with Mother's Day coming up, I knew I'd have fun putting both to use! 

My MIL has a collection of place mats that rival the inventory at Crate n Barrel!  With my love of table linens, you can see how we make a good pair! 

I quickly put together my favorite plaid, stamped in Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide, and brown Memento inks.  I then used the gingham rectangle from the set, also stamped in Worn Lipstick Oxide, and cut MOM with the new Classic Block Alphas:

 

My MIL makes the most wonderful Coconut Cream Pie!!  YUM!  Baker Lady to the rescue for my outside sentiment, and inside feature!  Thanks Muchly is my fave from Totally Random Sayings, Vol. I  [The little chocolate brown heart was in my snippets dish =]


For all those pies she's made me over the last 25 years, I never forget to show my appreciation. I used Neenah Dessert Storm, and the little slot die that comes in the Parcel Box set, before folding it.  The slots are perfect for all those wonderful ribbons that come with every order from Ellen Hutson, LLC.


Thanks for spending a bit of your precious time with me today ... if you didn't come here from The Classroom, please do head over there now to see those fantastic projects from Ardyth, and Elena!

The products I used, and more fun new products, are available now in the Ellen Hutson, LLC shop!  Happy shopping!
 
=]  Michele

21 comments:

Ardyth said...

Super sweet card and you're really rocking that parcel box!

conil said...

Ooooh! you're going to have one happy MIL.

cm said...

How absolutely wonderful your showcases today...and all the more special because they're infused with love! Your MIL will adore these - and you! - exponentially, as do I!
Hugs~c

LeAnne said...

Amaaaaazing projects today! You had me at GINGHAM!!! Swoon! Your mommy will love these!

Patti said...

Wow!! which is better that parcel box or the pink gingham!?! I Love everything about this and so will your MIL!! : )

Cat Craig said...

Darling card and box project. Love it when you show the interiors.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my, that gingham is pretty sweet and I like the mom you added to it! The baker lady is perfect for your pie baking MIL. Mmmm, coconut cream pie is yummy!

Karren said...

Your MIL is sure to adore these - the card is so reminiscent of table linen - great job!

Marge said...

Awwww she muwt be genious to design such fun stamps! You made a beautiful plaid images, Michele. Now I need to go make my own plaid, but I know mine will not be as pretty as yours, lols

Donna said...

Your beautiful sense of style shines bright here, Michele.
Gorgeous colour combo. X

Anita in France said...

What a delightful dose of inspiration this lunchtime, Michele ... love that colour combo for your plaid! Haven't heard of coconut cream pie (honestly!) but I'm guessing it must be yummy if you keep thanking your MIL for them with cards and gift box goodies like these! I'm wondering if a delicate little cookie or two would fit inside that cute beribboned box! Hugs, my friend, Anita :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

I love this...so fun mf.!
xx Karen

Jeanne said...

Awwww, what a lovely tribute to your MIL. The linen card is delightful. Love the colors in the plaid. So fun and vintage-y. That parcel box looks terrific. What a fun idea. And the baker lady looks ready to serve that yummy looking pie. Fabulous work, my friend! :)

Barb Ghig said...

As a "Lover of all things gingham/country style", I LOVE your card and gift box set, Michele! The color combo on your plaid is so pretty and the pink ribbon on your gift box is absolutely perfect! I also love how you colored the Baker Lady and pie...Your MIL is going to cherish this super thoughtful and fabulous Mother's Day gift from you!

Barb Ghig said...

How lovely to see that your gorgeous plaid card is featured at Ellen Hutson's store!!! So excited that you're part of the team, Michele...you are so deserving!

donna mikasa said...

Nothing's sweeter than pink and plaid! Well, maybe pink and gingham! ;)

nancy littrell said...

Such a beautiful and sweet gingham card and box for your dear MIL. I am sure she will appreciate your thoughtfulness. TFS Michele. Hugs..

Bobby said...

Perfectly stamped plaid, Michele, and I love that stitched line. Doing a whole other card front on the inside is a great touch and one I'm sure will be appreciated muchly.

Linda Callahan said...

Way to make your MIL smile for sure! Oh that pink and oh that gingham! Adorable?

lostinpaper said...

What a fabulous design Michele, I know she will adore it!

Ivana Camdzic said...

Your MIL is one lucky lady! I'd be smitten to receive this gorgeous set - I mean, that plaid + gingham! Perfection! And the Baker Lady is sooo sweet! Love these to bits, Michele!